Thursday, May 13, 2010

What's been going on here?

Hello, sorry for not posting in a while. I have been trying to create enough to have a shipment for Chicago. I now can slow these fingers down a little and concentrate on more things....is that really possible???

I will be incorporating some sewing in with the crocheting and am looking forward to getting to know the sewing machine again. LOL it has been a long lost friend. On May 7th my daughter text me a picture with my grandson sitting up, since he is doing so well I now realize I need to remake his high chair cover! We have decided to remake his cover in the Florida Gator material that was used for his infant carrier. I have the cover in pieces right now, but I will add some pictures when it comes together again.

Also I have been making a table runner in crochet that is to be 42" long and 171/2" wide. This one is done starting on the side and working the length of the runner. I have found that I like this alot better than making all those squares that seem to take forever, however I do like the pattern they make when joined.  I am also glad to announce that I have finally found some mantle scarves that are sewn, but it gives me an idea of the dimensions needed to crochet one. Those will be a treat to make since the average length is 84"!!!!

I will be taking pictures of the current table runner so you can see what has been taking all my time, hopefully tomorrow when the sun is to be back shining again!!!! Can't wait for the warmer weather to be here to stay.

Keep you creative juices flowing and I will talk to you again very soon!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your work! I wish I had the patience to make such lacy beautiful and large things! I love the table cloth! That's for sure my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, the tablecloth is the first one I have ever made!!! It took a very long time, but I wanted to challenge myself to see if I could do it.

    ReplyDelete