Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hello and welcome to my blog!

I make everything with utmost care and attention to detail. I would not sell something I wouldn't use myself or give as a gift. You will find doilies, butterflies, and I am working on creating table runners and mantle scarves. But each time I look for more patterns, I find more things I want to make!

I am currently working hard to get inventory stocked up to start selling my doilies, table runners, and mantle scarves in Chicago at a craft/gift shop!
Since this is taking up most of my time right now, I thought I would start a blog to tell about what it is like to find patterns that I like, but aren't quite what I had in mind. Soooo, I am making some motifs and trying to figure out how to connect them and keep the lacy look also. The first picture is a single motif, then I'm trying to show what they are like when joined. I don't like the large opening between the motif's, it would be easy for the threads to break also. If you have any suggestions or ideas for connecting motifs, then please comment and let me know them! One comment I had was to use hairpin lace to connect since it is lacy, but I cannot find the tool needed to do that.
This runner is the current work, since I can't finish the above runner yet. I never liked motifs before, but I am enjoying making this one and love the ability to watch it all come together with the pattern it makes.
I want to show you my dresser scarf...it was ALOT of work and I'm not sure I would make it to sell unless someone wanted to special order it. But I just love the pattern and had to make it!
Since I have been spending all my time creating this blog, I  must now get back to work on crocheting!

4 comments:

  1. Very dainty, delicate and beautiful work! just lovely and congrats on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh - and I am now following too !
    Look forward to seeing more posts and more lovely items :)

    If you click my picture, you get my profile and you'll be able to see my blog "Pat Elliott Paintings" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Pat and Rowena. It means alot to me that you are now followers also!

    ReplyDelete